Thursday, November 12, 2009
How Do You Mend A Broken Heart?
As if she wasn't sad and dejected enough already, she woke up to a chilly, wet, grey morning. She wrapped a sweater around herself, and shivered over a cup of coffee, and resolved that she must do something about the cold. She drove to the home improvement center, and wandered about up and down the aisles. In the building materials aisle, a big lumbering clerk approached her, and asked if she needed help. "Yes, I need a lot of help." she said flatly. "I am looking for insulation." "Well, over here," the man said, "we have what most of the contractors favor. It has an insulation value of R-19. It's quite effective." She looked at the large brown sheathed rolls of insulation. "I am looking for something in more of an affective line." she said. "Oh," said the man, "you want emotional insulation. That's over here. Now this is E-19, and, as you can see, it is sheathed in pink, 100% rag paper, and has red hearts and yellow butterflies printed on it, and is non allergenic." She smiled. "That's perfect. How much do you think I would need?" The man looked her up and down. "How tall are you?" "I'm 5' 4"" she replied. He took out a notepad and some paper and began scribbling. "I don't mean to be personal, ma'am, but what is your approximate weight?" "I'm approximately 122 lbs." she replied coldly. He scribbled some more. He mumbled out loud. "Ok, so, you got this times that..and minus this,...and then you have to consider depth. Ummm...I'd say you need between 12 to 14 feet." "Perfect." she said, pulling out her credit card. "I'd like to wear it home." "No problem, Ma'am." he said, "The changing room is down at the end of aisle 7."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
you are too funny..I like reading these snippets every day! If only it were that simple to "shield" ourselves!
BG
Emotional insulation - hmmm - where is this home improvement store, did you say....?!!
Ha ha. Too funny! Love it!
hah, haa great!
me too want to know where is it? :)
Post a Comment