Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Am I making Myself Clear?

I came across this wonderful sentence on Wickapedia:

THE buffalo FROM Buffalo WHO ARE buffaloed BY buffalo FROM Buffalo ALSO buffalo THE buffalo FROM Buffalo.

And shortened, and still grammatically correct:

Buffalo buffalo buffaloed by Buffalo buffalo, also buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

3 comments:

Scriber's Web said...

Seriously? I am so swimming in legal words right now. They make absolutely no sense. I guess that's how lawyers keep their jobs secure.

mythopolis said...

Well, if you break it down, you have some buffalo living in Buffalo (New York) who were buffaloing ( i.e. fooling) the other buffalo in Buffalo, and they in turn also were fooling buffaloes in Buffalo!

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Wonderful! Yes, it all works! On an earthier note this reminds me of something one of my school friends said after coming out of an A level chemistry exam circa 1980. It consisted almost entirely of a certain four letter word used as an exclamation, an adjective and a noun!