It wasn't until the mid 2500s that there seemed to be a light at the end of the tunnel. The several preceding centuries had led to waves of mass starvation and global depression. The ecological disasters had seemed to kaleidoscope out of control, and were multiplying at a devastating pace. The planet was becoming an increasingly hostile environment for our kind, as well as many other species that, one by one, were disappearing.
Explorations into outer space had finally evolved to a point where inter-galactic travel was possible. News came back from distant galaxies of other worlds, heretofore unknown. The search for another planetary habitat, had given rise to a mass hope that, out there somewhere, there was a place to start over. At last, came news of a planet that was teeming with an amazing variety of life forms. Many specimens were brought back for intensive scientific scrutiny. It was determined that these life forms were quite edible, and nutritious. The alien food was harvested in large quantities, and the frequent inter-galactic expeditions led later to a new supply of exotic foods around the planet. The first Thanksgiving was said to have been in the year, 2580. People everywhere gathered to give thanks for the bountiful harvest from the alien planet. Strange, but delicious food. There were slabs of meat that came from something called a cow, and another animal called a deer, and these things called humans were on the spit, as well. The people rejoiced, and gave thanks for the hope of soon moving to this new galaxy, this promising new world, a place far away, called Earth.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
We have here in Egypt 'Eid'.
We say 'Eid Mubarak'.
Suddenly I am very happy to be this old!
I dont want to live with aliens!
Happy Thanksgivin!
I love how your head goes inside out, upside down, and all around...
Dan,
I do not know how many times I have told this story . . .
I just never took the time to write it down.
Thanks for doing it.
Dee
Post a Comment