Farms, not Arms! "All farmers of the world share the unique privilege and the daunting responsibility of making sure everyone is fed and the land is protected to feed the future generations. War, and the enormous waste of resources spent in preparing for it, threaten our work. We come from different political, religious and social backgrounds but share a common concern that this great country of ours, founded by small farmers and craftsmen, return to the spirit and ideals on which we were founded. We strive for a world that reduces the risk of war by eliminating its causes poverty, injustice and religious intolerance. We call for all countries to stop misappropriating their resources on war and to focus rather on fighting hunger, disease and protecting our environment and our farmland."
The above quote is from farmsnotarms.org
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Would be nice if they all would.
But for some odd reason I doubt this will ever happen...
We have to believe it can!
Well, we all want it, but it is such a pain in the ass to take the time to be persistent and try to write letters of complaint and dissent to government officials. I am bad at this. It is a tedious thing to do. I admit it. I bitch, but don't take action as much as I should. It is one of the problems, I think, that people realize a problem, and simply hope someone else is trying to deal with it. It ain't gonna happen that way. As per priorities? In my mind, I think to safeguard my family, if possible, and then think, what else can I do? Maybe lend some security to someone else?
It's a sad reality that I've never seen an army that was not well-fed, yet there are people starving still. Giving food is not always the answer either. A lot of times, change has to come from within-the people of these poorer nations need to rise up and fight the powers that be, but we all know this will not happen easily.
Post a Comment