I would think it goes without saying, but nevertheless, given how blogs go on and on, I suppose I should make it clear, that all text or photos are copyright by me upon posting. Dan's Myth, that is. Unless I state otherwise. Just doing my thing. My writings at times, may be dark, or sarcastic and acidic. I do try to throw some romance into the mix. But I wish no harm to anybody. That is the best I can come up with as far as disclaimers go. Don't steal suff.Thanks a lot.
Well, yes its always been an issue...the voice. For some reason, I never had a problem with it. I would take a Dylan delivered whiny/nasal off-pitch delivery of Dylan's much better than the many melodic and "proper' versions of his songs. I recently heard a muzac orchestral rendering of a song by Echo and the Bunnymen ( on Dancing With The Stars, I think) and I wanted to pull my hair out because they had robbed the song of its deeper voice! Mainstreamed white bread versions of guttural blues by the likes of Pat Boone always gave me the same creepy feeling.
5 comments:
Thanks, Dan. Dylan at his best!
I just posted this on my Blog.
That was rap before rap became crap.......
Wow, haven't heard Dylan in I don't know how long.
I've never been able to connect with Dylan and wish I could. I like what he stood for in the late 60s and 70s but not his voice.
Well, yes its always been an issue...the voice. For some reason, I never had a problem with it. I would take a Dylan delivered whiny/nasal off-pitch delivery of Dylan's much better than the many melodic and "proper' versions of his songs. I recently heard a muzac orchestral rendering of a song by Echo and the Bunnymen ( on Dancing With The Stars, I think) and I wanted to pull my hair out because they had robbed the song of its deeper voice! Mainstreamed white bread versions of guttural blues by the likes of Pat Boone always gave me the same creepy feeling.
Post a Comment