I try to be a person of power, but sometimes feel so helpless. I try to do what I can, but sometimes feel so over-powered about the world going on its reckless way without me. I was reminded of this by Dee's recent post on photos from the Narrows, here in Tennessee. You can go to those shots by clicking on my blog-links re The Eighth Dimension. It is just some (wonderful) shots of a moment along a river, but so much more to me. I have gone there many times feeling quite helpless. Looking for the bigness of nature to give me perspective. And it always did. It was a welcome humility that pulled me out of self-absorbed moments. I remember being an idealistic hippie, and Neil Young singing this song.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Neil Young has expressed many of the things in my heart better than I ever could.
Dan, I just posted The Story Behind the Song “I’m Just An Old Chunk Of Coal, But I’m Gonna Be A Diamond Someday.” Years ago I heard Billy Joe Shaver tell this story on NPR. If you do not know the story you and your readers will love it.Dee
This video was, I think, excerpted from "The Last Waltz"....I think. Thanks, Dee. That was a great story.
I'm still idealistic hippie in my heart...and will be. Only way to survive in this world is hope.
BLOGitse
Nah, all that there's left is not hope for me, I gave that up a long time ago.
But when I am out in nature, I know she'll survive when we are already long since gone.
Post a Comment