This month marks two years of blogging. For a long while, it seemed I was mostly blogging to myself. I had 2 comments that first month, and I think one of them was mine. It looks (as of today) I have put forth 1,282 posts over the past two years. That comes out as some 50 blogs a month. (Sometimes you get excited and want to blubber on and on, and sometimes you don't feel like saying anything.) Over time, I picked up a few returning readers, and developed a few cyber-friends. I am not good about networking, and so, it's been nice to have made a few connections. I was able to get into a couple of creative collaborations with some of these. And they even involved snail-mail! So, let's hear it for de-evolution! So, it has been an interesting experiment, and very rewarding at times. I hope I can maintain a connection with some cyber-friends. I am feeling ambivalent right now about future blogs. For one thing, Spring is coming on, and I don't know how much time now I want to spend in front of this keyboard. I have really enjoyed reading other blogs of people doing their own thing from very distant places. Wow! How amazing is that, to have my morning coffee reading news from people in completely different worlds? If you have been tuning in to my blogs, thanks for the many kinds of encouragement. It seems one thing we have in common is a tendency to support one another's efforts. In looking back, these were my first blog titles. (Listed below)To tell you the truth, I couldn't tell you what half of them were about. Thanks everybody!
March blogs, 2008
The Conjugation of Being
I never went up to the attic...
On the Scale of 1 to 10......
Long Distance Epitaph
Me.
Misguided Missive.
Stream Feeding
Tribute to On Kawara
Nina Hagen
Fuzzy Feelings
Mon(s)ostich Veneris
Totemic Order
Zero Visibility (and holes in reality)
You Found Me First....
Los Angeles
Zephphosfloressence
MALLEABLINGO*
Addressee Ad Infinitum
Re: Rites and Rights of Self Revision
"Let's Go To The Hop !!"
Oily Godlessness
Cinderella Circle
RE: Set Theory
THE OTHER SCARLET LETTER
angelos anklos (Angel Angle)
TAOBT
Vulvonimbus Penispenumbra
I Live Alone
Be-Bop Bed
It Is So Mysterious.
Spiral Spirit
A Note On Captured Rotation
Life's Bone
The Importance of Clean Underwear.
Rainy Day Short Story
Faithful Believers
The reticular formation and The Garden of Eden.
It's like...
Felt Meaning
.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
well I am here to stay ;)...even if Spring keeps you away for awhile!
I get into ruts and do not want to write, or at least feel like I have nothing to say...but then a thought pops up, and here I am babbling away!
looking forward to more!
BG
BG! where the hell are you? Are you in Buenos Aires yet, watching sultry tango dancers? I made this ref before, but let me say again...check into Borges...google "The Circular Ruins"...you should be able to read it on-line. It is just 7 pages but reads like a movie! You will love it, Lash Girl!
For all who might take interest. Borges is one of the most amazing writers to emerge from South America. The Crcular Ruins was the first story to blow my mind, but since then, I realized that most of Borges' fictions are pretty darn mind-blowing. Here is a link to The Circular Ruins, from there you can read other stories, if you like.
http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~jatill/175/CircularRuins.htm
hey Myth...not yet! We leave today! I have a kindle now so I will download it before the trip today and read it on the plane!! (well, if it is available on kindle! I will check!)
I am not taking my computer so the pics and notes will have to wait until we get back
BG
2 years - congratulations!
On and off - that's how I feel too.
Just this morning I unsubscribed several email postings because I don't have time enough to to things I'd like to do.
I visited that CR webpage and bookmarked it. I'll read the story one day...I do have far too much to read already, sigh!
Enjoy your life!
I'll be off too later this month when we start packing etc.
BLOGitse
Hi Dan,
Hope you're not giving up? Just slowing down perhaps? Sometimes I don't feel like blogging and on those days I don't. Last week I only did two posts, because other stuff I was doing was more important. I'm newer to this than all three of you - BG, BLOGitse and you, but am finding a lot of motivation in having met creative people who seem to share similar ideas to mine on many topics, and I feel like we're helping each other along on our journey. Well, whatever you decide I know we'll still be in touch!
No, not giving up....just cabin fever and waiting for Spring to rescue me from the doldrums!!
Ah, just stay in your garden for a while and enjoy the time of Spring outside.
You'll be back soon enough :)
Like most of us, you'll be back ;)
I'll be out and about more myself, plus I am doing finally some serious 'housecleaning' on my various Harddrives. Can't be that I am out of room with almost 800GB on my hands ;)
And Congrats on the two years!
It's amazing how time flies, no?
;)
Congrats! It's been only 2 years? It seems like we have been bloggy friend forever!
Congrats Mr. Myth, Sr. And thanks.
Post a Comment