Do you have a gun? Do you have a permit to carry a gun? Currently many state legislatures are reviewing laws pertaining to the right to carry guns. Should one be allowed to 'pack heat' while taking a walk in the public park? How about in restaurants? Churches? And let's not forget, Starbucks?
I suppose if I was being hunted, I might want my gun close at hand at all times. Or, if I was a bounty hunter. Or, if I was going to a church where demonic possession is a pesky issue. And, in a restaurant it could come in handy if I didn't like the food served. Also, to flash your chromium Magnum at a Starbucks might advance you in the long line of people dying for a 5 dollar cup of java. A gun could also come in handy while getting a fish pedicure. You never know when a rogue carp might try to take your little piggy off.
Personally, I keep my gun always handy next to my computer in case I am suddenly attacked by a virus.
Now, let's move on to Tazers. Of course children should be able to play with them. How else are they going to learn? If every kid had a tazer there would be less bullying on the playground. "So, are you feeling lucky, punk? Go ahead. Make my day." I do draw the line however, when it comes to texting while firing a tazer. The electrical charge could totally cook your I phone. Tsk!
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I don't own a gun. But I am not opposed to people owning guns. My hubby travels a lot and I have woken up a few times when someone was trying to break into my house in the middle of the night. Very scary. I do think that people should be screened thoroughly before getting a permit to carry a gun. It is too loosy goosey now.
For now, I just keep Rachel Ray's pots and pans in my bedroom. You can't really cook with them but one quick hit to the head of the attacker and you will be safe!
You really should let Rachel Ray know this...it is a whole new way to market her cookware! But then, we might have an issue as to whether people should be allowed to carry pots and pans around in public!
I think every child in pre school should be allowed the good old butterfly knife and from kindergarden on they should carry a Tazer, just to get the right training.
How else could they learn to protect themselves from Mad cow disease and such?
Post a Comment