Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lily In The Stars...No Diamonds.

I was pretty young when I found it was required that I read all this historical bullshit stuff about the constellations and all the gods fighting one another. They were pretty damn sick and on power trips, when you think about it.. For crying out loud! I was a young teen, I just thought about getting laid. Actually, the idea that some ancients were governing my sensibility about the night skies sorta pissed me off. I guess one could see some kinda Big Dipper in the sky. But when I was wrapped up in my teen girlfriend's arms, I was seeing images of Elvis. I had a girl friend once named Lily. I saw a bunch of stars I named after her. It was the constellation of Lily, and had nothing to do with some ancient gods. It had to do with finding ways to love her. This time of year, Lily's constellation is best seen just before sunrise. Liiy and I go out and look at it, then go in, and make breakfast. So much for the stars They can eat their hearts out for all I care..

4 comments:

tattytiara said...

Much better to connect your own dots, I do agree!

Dee Newman said...

I remember once observing the shoulders of Orion from the boulders of Zion with Ann . . .

Unknown said...

The stars don't care about any higher entities either.
Hope breakfast was good :P

I love the idea of your 'own dots connection in the sky' like tattytiara said :)

And now I am the one that has to say "I need to catch up"

Not sure when, but slowly my blogging Mojo is coming back ;)

Ballerina Girl said...

hahaha, this reminds me...
I switched school between 9th and 10th grade...of course as it happens, the first school did the constellation/gods study in 10th, and the second school did it in 9th! So I missed out on it all! Now I just look up and think how pretty it looks when all the lights are off!

BG