Thursday, February 18, 2010

If The Truth Be Told....

I don't know where to begin about Caroline and Carl. I know both their families forbid them to see one another. I know I helped them escape the whole scene. I gave them money to go away. From time to time they sent photos of their journey. They were all over the map. On the run. The Golden Gate Bridge. Somewhere along coastal Oregon. A zoo in Calgary, Alberta. Chicago, on the waterfront. They seemed quite happy to be free, and together. It was mostly shots taken by Carl. Hand-held, and in the middle of a kiss. A way to remind me not to betray them. It's been almost 10 years now since the last photo. I haven't shared it with their families. They were atop a double decker tour bus beneath the Trade Center Towers. They both looked distraught. I think it was September 11, 2001.

1 comment:

BLOGitse said...

hm......keep the last photo...

BLOGitse