Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Thirty Thousand
It is a small number in the global economy. A huge number in other ways. So, let's make these numbers into easy to delete dots. .................................................................................................I've lost count already. How many was that? 80? 90? We have a long way to go. ...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................all these dots are individual young men and women..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................I don't know their individual motives nor their........................................................................................................ names...................more.......................................................................................................................................................................... dots........................................................................................................................................................but suffice it to say, that many among them will die soon............................................................................. in Iraq, or Afghanistan. It is so stupid, I know. So, here are some more dots.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Am I to 1,000 yet? Not by a long shot. ............................................................................................................................................................Help me, if you are out there..........................I need more dots................................................
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
.......
.................
....................
........................
............................
...............................
..................................
I don't understand what the hell is going on and why?
Is this OIL question or what?
I wish I knew more about politics..........................
...............................
........................
...............
.........
....
..
.
U.S. has just committed 30,000 more soldiers to the war.
I have few.......you can have them...........................all......................................But ..........when.....I...think....meaning of....these.......dots.......I would...not..like.to give you any!
Give them back!!!
I KNOW but why? What are they going to do there if Iraqis/Afghans don't want to live in peace?
Or is this something to do with B Laden? or what?
I'm not sure what it means. We will supposedly draw our troops out of Iraq within the year, but it looks like we will simply move them over into Afghanistan. Some are saying that there are plans to enter Pakistan as well. I find it all a bit depressing.
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
You know, we can all put as many dots as possible, but yet, we have to accept that each individual's fates are their own.....................................................................
we can not make them go into war.......... yes, we could stop wars, and then we would be in an ideal situation............... but sometimes the reality of life is that you have to accept your fate..........
and though it seems unjust to us, we can not decide another's future................... I don't agree with war, but I accept that there are brave men and women who see fighting for their country as their fate........
yes, Christmas will be in Pittsburgh, and PLEASE let it snow!!!
BG
I read about the situation. There are hundreds or thousand different groups fighting in Afghanistan.
It's a mess.
Pakistan has broken or not working nuclear weapons > sold by US.
If Taleban gets those...I don't want to think about it...
Now I understand a little better what's going on.
Situation is bad and SAD.
I am sure many men and women enlist out of a sense of duty or responsibility to protect the country, and freedom, in general. But many also enlist in the face of times of high unemployment and recession. The military further attracts financial incentives such as sizeable bonuses upon signing up. For the past four years, the number of suicides in the military has risen every year to an estimated 145 confirmed in the past year. Many men and women find themselves drawn into service for one reason or another, only to find themselves trapped.
As far as fate goes, "There is absolutely no inevitability (save, death) as long as there is a willingness to think."
Actually, I think Marshall McLuhan's quote was" There is absolutely no inevitability, as long as there is a willingness to contemplate what's happening."
Nope, no dots from me, so sorry
No - Not sorry actually
Post a Comment