Monday, December 14, 2009

Hallucinating Spring

Today was in the mid-60's! I had to peel off a layer of my winter clothing to cope with it. It so filled me with energy. It was like Winter had come and gone, and it was Spring! I worked outside all day. I could hardly bring myself to go inside, it was such a rare day! I don't know where it came from, but it was the sweet kick in the ass I needed to get some things done. I got so much done today, and just because of the hallucination of Spring! Thank you, wherever you came from, a Spring day in mid-December!

Dear Diary, Today I had breakfast, and went for a walk in the nearby woods. The air was full of the smell of cedar trees, and the moist mustiness of mosses and decaying leaves. I had a stare-down with a young deer. I finally blinked, and he/she was gone in two leaps.

I came across two large pumpkins, beginning to rot. They didn't grow there. Someone must have brought them from their Halloween festivities, and left them. Not a bad idea. They will likely feed some small creatures with their spilling pulp and seeds.

Went home and fixed more coffee. Made a table for the front room. Sweet Gum wood. Enjoying the smell of things, and the occasional sun on my shoulders.

Went inside for awhile, and worked on making a font for this Zine project on my mind. Cut letters out of black electrical tape pressed onto pages of my sketch book.

Went back outside to clean up the mess I had made working on the table. Picking up tools, happy as a clam! Picking up wood debris to save for some future night around the fire pit, and the liquid voices of others. Organizing tools in the shop with the radio on to music that made it all work.

My dog is happy. Rolling around in the grass. Thought about what kinds of cookies to make as Christmas hand-outs. Made a list of ingredients to buy.

And now, I am just making these notes of a rare day in December. 12/14/09.

4 comments:

BLOGitse said...

What a great day you had!
I'm happy for you!
How's the weather today? 15.12.

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

What a gift of a day! Spring in your heart and a spring in your step, even if it is only one day of spring in December!

Anonymous said...

a day well lived....

BLOGitse said...

knock, knock...anybody home????