As you can see, Pottsville is a very busy thriving place with lots of hustle and bustle. Off to the right, you can just see the mayor's office, and his red truck. Since Pottsville lacked a town square, the mayor recently announced he is stepping down from his office to become the town square.
There are no gas stations or grocery stores in Pottsville. But, there is this little country cafe, Pottsville's only commercial front. Built in the early 1900s, it was once a 'general store'. Now it's a little diner with Meat and Three dishes, and fresh baked breads and pastries. It also has an occasional live country music venue.
The house of many gables across the road. Actually, 3 gables across the front, one on each end, and two gables on the rear, makes it "The House of Seven Gables". It has sat vacant for 4 years, and is now for sale. House and 30 wooded acres behind it would run about $200,000. It could make a nice bed and breakfast. (It might even be haunted!) The little country cafe next door is also for sale.
Iced Tree
Brittle branches broken by ice.
Iced branches.
More iced branches.
I
And, more iced branches.
Iced berries.
I don't think I will sit out on the patio today.
Yesterday morning, when it began snowing, I set a bird feeder out and some seeds. Later, I resorted to throwing seeds on top of the snow and ice.
I get the feeling I am not going to be gardening any time soon. So,....
....might as well settle into a warm blanket and an ice cold beer!
7 comments:
I feel cold just looking at your photos of Scenic Pottsville! I hope you managed to get your provisions in to keep you going until it thaws a bit. Poor Life looks frozen. Is she still enjoying the cold? Lovely ice branch and berry photos.
Janice.
I loved the iced branches, so beautiful and pure...
You could never be the town square!!!
Pottsville is indeed scenic!
Thanks for the city tour and the cold beer afterward :D
Too bad we don't have $200.000 right now.
I would love to open up a bed & breakfast there :)
Gosh it looks very cold! I hope you are staying warm. And I do not accept the mayor of Pottsville's resignation!
@ Nicole: You can't open a B & B there! You promised to join me in Mexico when I run away!
@Scriber - but that seems to take soooo long :)
Hey, wait a minute! I was supposed to go to Mexico too! I think the only way out of this is to get someone else to manage the bed and breakfast place and send us the profits in Puerto Vallarta.
Post a Comment