Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Anonymous Gift

During the Christmas holiday, a group of middle school children came to the nursing home and strolled the corridors singing carols. Three children came into my mother's room and sang by her bedside. One of them, a young girl laid a tempera painting she made on the bed by my mother's feet. She did not sign her name on her work, but I have saved it, and am about to frame it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

one big tear is shed...

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

It's very sweet and so much more full of meaning for you than I'm sure the young artist could ever have imagined.

Unknown said...

Wonder if the little girl had somewhat an idea what's going on and what would happen.
A lot of meaning in this picture taken the circumstances.

mythopolis said...

Children's art sometimes has such interesting ambiguity. I can't say what this picture means, but yes, I can find personally meaningful ways to interpret it.

Elena said...

...and it is so definite. explicit in its composition and shapes...very interesting...